Please read the below documents/links that are required for athletic participation in MSAD 60.
Athletic Training Room:
The Athletic Training Room is located in the Athletics wing between "A" and "B" Gymnasium, adjacent to the boys locker room. The Satellite Athletic Training Room is located behind the stadium bleachers and concession stand.
Athletic Training services will be available before and after all athletic contests. Pre-game preparation will be provided to visiting athletes; however we do ask that you provide your own supplies. A Certified Athletic Trainer will be present at all home contests. Those teams traveling with a Certified Athletic Trainer will have full usage of both athletic training facilities but are asked to make the Athletic Training staff aware of any special arrangements one may need.
Monday - Friday: 2:25pm - thirty minutes after the conclusion of the last practice or game.
Weekend: Hours are dependent on practice and game schedules.
Practices - Open 1 hours prior.
Games - Open 1 1/2 hours prior.
Athletic Training Policies and Protocols
Physicals are good for two years, if you are unsure if your physical has expired please email Alex Fusco firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to healthcare professionals to complete an in-person preparticipation physical evaluation (PPE) may be limited for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Many districts have a policy that requires a physical exam every two calendar years. Given this may not be feasible in our current pandemic, the
following procedures are recommended for the 2020-2021 school year:
● Athletes who had a valid PPE on file for the 2019-2020 academic year be granted a one-year extension to receive their PPE. In other words, athletes whose PPE would expire in the 2020-2021 academic year, will be granted a one-year extension to receive a new physical.
● However, all athletes will be required to update and complete the health history questionnaire which should include a COVID-19 specific health history. (https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/PPE-History-Form-%28English%29.pdf)
○ The health history and COVID-19 specific health history will be reviewed by the school’s healthcare professionals. Positive responses will trigger an evaluation prior to participation in sports.
○ Athletes who are first time participants in athletics, or athletes who did not have a physical exam during the 2019-2020 academic year, will be required to have a physical prior to athletic participation.
● Athletes with a prior COVID-19 diagnosis should undergo a medical assessment before returning to exercise.
○ Every student-athlete with a prior diagnosis of COVID-19, symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, or a “close exposure” to someone with COVID-19 must contact their primary care physician to determine if further evaluation is warranted prior to returning to sports.
■ Regardless of if the medical provider deems further evaluation is warranted,
documentation must be provided to the COVID-19 Response Team prior to
○ A medical evaluation is required for student-athletes with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19. This may include additional cardiac, such as an electrocardiogram (ECG), pulmonary, and kidney function testing as determined by the physician.
● Those at greater risk for developing severe COVID-19 disease or complications should undergo an informed decision-making process with their medical provider before a return to sports as exposure to teammates and opponents may increase their risk of becoming infected. Individuals at higher risk of severe COVID-19 include those with a serious heart condition,
uncontrolled or moderate to severe asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, pre-existing kidney disease, or a weakened immune system.
○ Once the COVID-19 specific health history and the past medical history of the PPE are completed; the school medical professional will review and recommend any follow-up precautions to the team physician and the athlete and their parents/guardians.
○ All athletes with prior COVID-19 will be screened for ongoing symptoms of chest pain/pressure with exercise, difficulty breathing or dizziness with exercise, or decreased exercise tolerance.
For all Freshman and Juniors.
Any sophomore or senior participating in athletics for the first time will also need to complete testing.
Please email Alex Fusco email@example.com to schedule your Impact Test.
Testing must be completed before an athlete is allowed to participate.
All Impact Testing for the Fall 2020 sports season will be done during pre-season.